When it comes to buying a new laptop, you have to make sure that you're getting the best deal possible. You might not know what features are important for gaming laptops so this blog post will go through them and help you find the perfect one. This is especially helpful if you're looking for a gift for someone who loves playing games on their computer.
The first thing to look at when purchasing a laptop is how much RAM they have in order to give your game smooth playtime without any glitches or lags. There are many gaming laptop under $500 and under $1000.
But when buying a gaming laptop, there are many elements you need to look into. You must consider the processing power, RAM, and graphics card which you want in your gaming laptop. You can also look into some of the most important aspects while buying a gaming laptop like build quality, battery timing, storage space, etc. Here are some of the factors to be considered while buying a gaming laptop in 2021.
The processor or CPU is one of the most important parts of your gaming laptop. The main processing unit performs calculations and commands for all other components to work. You will need an Intel processor which has four or more cores for handling multiple tasks and playing high-end games. You will also need an overclockable processor for getting the best performance out of your system.
You have to look into the processors from Intel and AMD if you want fast processing. They are the most reliable options while searching for a gaming laptop. The new generation Ryzen and i7 processors from AMD will be available in the market in 2018. You can also look into an Intel Core i3 or i5 processor as a budget option to get entry-level gaming performance.
Random Access Memory is also known as the main memory of a system that stores temporary data for processing and operation. You will need at least 8 GB DDR4 RAM which is double from a gaming laptop in 2017. The demand for RAM in a gaming laptop has increased over the last few years and it will continue to increase in the upcoming years.
You will need a high-end gaming laptop with 8 GB or 16 GB RAM to handle multiple tasks and resource-intensive games in 2021. The storage of your hard drive can also be expanded to get more space for storing data.
You should also look into the DDR5 RAM which is under development and will be available for gaming laptops in 2019. DDR5 RAM will offer better performance and lower latency than DDR4 memory. It also consumes lower power while offering several benefits like higher bandwidth speed, increased density, and thermal efficiency, etc.
3. Graphics card
You will need a high-end or mid-range graphics card to play games at ultra settings in 2021. You should also look into the VRAM for storing textures and other files used for rendering 3D objects in real-time. The most popular manufacturers of GPUs are AMD and NVIDIA. They are known for creating the most cost-effective and powerful graphics cards.
You will need at least a mid-range AMD or NVIDIA graphics card if you want a better 2K/4K gaming experience without compromising on frame rates. You should also look into an overclockable graphics card for getting higher frame rates and a smoother gaming experience. You can also look into an integrated graphics chipset from Intel's HD, Iris or Iris Pro series to get basic gaming performance in 2021.
4. Storage Drive
Storage Hard drive is the permanent data storage device that stores all your games and other files. You will need at least 500 GB of high-end solid-state drive for storing your games as well as other data. The latest generation SSDs from Samsung, SanDisk and Intel are available with better speed and capacity.
However, you should also look into the hybrid drives for getting a combination of both SSD as well as HDD. This storage type offers more space for storing your files along with faster speed and better reliability than an SSD. You can even look into a portable hard drive if you need more space.
5. Audio Quality
You should look into an external sound card or headset for getting a better sound experience from your gaming laptop. The latest audio technologies available from Creative, Turtle Beach, and Razer can be attached with a gaming laptop to get rich 3D sound effects.
6. Wireless Connectivity
The most popular wireless technologies available in 2021 are Bluetooth, WiFi and NFC. You will need a wireless card for connecting to the Internet wirelessly while playing games on your gaming laptop. The most popular wireless technologies available in 2021 are Bluetooth, WiFi, and NFC.
The top companies to look into while buying a gaming keyboard include Logitech, Corsair and Razer. You should opt for an ergonomic keyboard with customizable backlit keys with at least 20 programmable macro functions. You can also look into a mechanical gaming keyboard for getting more accurate key presses along with textured and contoured keys for better grip.
You should look for a gaming laptop with high-resolution display of 1080p or more. You can also look into 4K UHD resolution displays that have stunning picture quality. However, you will need a powerful graphics card for getting smooth frame rates while playing games at such high resolutions.
Popular Brands in Gaming Laptops 2021
You can look into the following laptop brands for getting your gaming laptop. Choose a brand that matches your requirements and budget to get the best value for money device.
1. Dell - is a popular American multinational computer technology company that manufactures personal computers, laptops, tablets, servers, and data storage devices. The brand is known for producing high-quality devices at low prices.
2. MSI - is a multinational electronics company that manufactures personal computers, laptops, motherboards, graphics cards and other gaming components. The company has gained popularity over the years by providing powerful gaming laptops at reasonable prices.
3. Lenovo - is a Chinese multinational company that designs, develops, and sells personal computers, tablets, smartphones, workstations, servers, and electronic storage devices. The brand has made its way to the top with its wide range of quality products.
4. HP - is an American multinational information technology corporation that develops, designs and sells consumer electronics, enterprise software, and personal computers. The company has made its presence felt in the laptop manufacturing industry with its stylish premium products.
5. Alienware - is a brand under Dell that manufactures high-end gaming laptops primarily for gamers. The brand has gained popularity among gamers for providing stylish gaming laptops at reasonable prices.
6. Acer - is a Taiwanese multinational technology company that produces computers, computer peripherals, displays, servers and tablets. This popular brand offers affordable devices with great specifications and quality to its customers.
7. ASUS - is a Taiwanese multinational company that manufactures personal computers, computer monitors, laptops, mobile phones, networking equipment, and consumer electronics. The brand is popular for providing affordable entry-level gaming devices as well as high-performance premium products to its customers.
8. Razer - is an American computer and smartphone maker company founded by CEO Min-Liang Tan in 2005. The company specializes in manufacturing high-quality gaming accessories and laptops.
With all the different gaming laptops on the market, it can be tough to figure out which one is right for you. The above guide will help you in your quest to find a laptop that suits your needs and budget while also providing some tips about what features are worth paying more money for. Comment below with your feedback and opinions about more things to look into a gaming laptop.