QuickBooks Error 15222 occurs when a user tries to download payroll or desktop updates in the software. Quickbooks 2014 maintenance release error 15222 is uncommon and it may be challenging to solve this error that displays to the user at the time of updating in the QuickBooks desktop window. This error may occur when antispyware, antimalware reads updates or downloadable files as threats. In this article, we will discuss the causes and solutions to this error.
How to Solve QuickBooks Error 15222
Let’s take a look at some of the solutions below for this error to solve:
1. Updating Software
If you have any antivirus or antimalware installed on your system, then you have to update the following applications:
- QB32.exe and qbupdate.exe process updation
- Intuit.com, QuickBooks.com, or payroll.com domains
2. Installation of Digital Signature Certificate
- The first step is to close the Quickbooks desktop and search for the QBW32.exe file then select the properties by right-clicking on QBW32.exe
- Now select the digital signature and check first that you have selected intuit Inc in the list, then select option Details and then View Certificate from the window of digital signature
- Now choose Install Certificate and click on Next in your system.
- Then go and select the Finish option and after doing this restart your computer
- After this step open QuickBooks to download updates and download the updates again
3. Setting Internet Browser as Default
We can also solve this problem by setting the Internet Browser as default.
- First, go to the Tools option in your system and select internet options then select the option make default in the programs tab
- In the end, press OK.
4. Configure Internet Explorer Settings
- Check first if Internet Explorer is set as the default browser or not.
- Check if your system time is correct
- At the right bottom side of the screen double click on time then Windows which has a date and time option will open. Now check if the time and zone are correct.
- Then select your zone and always ensure the time and date are set correctly if that system is on the network.
In this article we have seen what is QuickBooks Error 15222, what are the causes, and solutions for Quickbooks error 15222. We mention the step-by-step process to solve this QB error. If you follow the steps mentioned in this article you will easily get rid of this error. Hope this article helped you understand and solve this error. If in any case, you are unable to solve this error then you contact the support team.