Fast food, and junk food has become part of peopleâ€™s daily diets. Some people consume fast food items such as burgers, pizzas, etc. on a daily basis as meals. The problem is, most of them donâ€™t even realise what theyâ€™re doing to their bodies by consuming such food! Healthy eating, as per a leading Sleeve surgery Dubai, to most people seems like a distant dream but to be honest, it isnâ€™t very hard to switch from eating junk to healthy food. Here are a few tips to help you to start eating healthy:
- Increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables
This is a small change you can make in your daily diet to start eating healthy. Instead of eating candies, or sugary foods, satisfy your sweet tooth by consuming fruits instead. This will help you replace the sucrose you consume with fructose, which is much healthier!
- Choose whole grain foods
This is another tip to help you start eating healthy. In place of white flour, use whole wheat flour. This is going to help you a lot when it comes to health. Another small change you can make is using whole wheat, or multigrain bread instead of your regular white bread.
- Switch to using unsaturated fat
Most people use saturated fat to cook food. This is animal based fat which is present in cooking oils, butter, milk, etc. Instead you can use unsaturated fat which is plant-based. For example, instead of consuming regular cowâ€™s milk, you could use almond milk, oat milk, etc.
- Consume more high-protein foods
It is a common practice for most people to consume foods which are rich in carbohydrates. Instead of that, one should increase consumption of high protein foods. This consists of nuts, seeds, tofu, fish, eggs, poultry, lean red meats, lower fat milk, lower fat yogurts, and cheeses lower in fat and sodium.
- Eat dairy in moderation
Although this might sound very surprising to you but dairy products need to be consumed in moderation. Yes dairy is healthy when it comes to providing calcium and vitamin D, however, excessive consumption of dairy can lead to diseases such as high blood pressure, stroke, bowel cancer, or type 2 diabetes.
Hopefully, these tips would have opened your eyes, and made you realise what you were doing wrong when it comes to healthy eating habits. Following these tips can also help manageÂ thyroid problems.
What Does a Healthy Diet Look Like?
The consumption of a healthy diet throughout oneâ€™s lifetime prevents malnutrition in all forms. Unfortunately, the overproduction of processed foods, and the convenience and easy accessibility of such foods has led to increased consumption of junk food. While it may satisfy your craving temporarily, the damage it does to your body is one that can last a lifetime! The main reason why obesity and other diseases are common these days is because of the unhealthy foods people consume without putting in any efforts towards Mini gastric bypass Dubai.
This makes it essential for a person to consume a healthy diet. A healthy diet is one where all types of food (which includes carbs, fats, fibre, protein, vitamins, and minerals) are consumed in a moderate amount. This â€˜moderationâ€™ depends on oneâ€™s age, gender, lifestyle and degree of physical activity. However, the basic principles of what a healthy diet consists of are typically similar for adults, teens, and children.
For adults, the following foods shape up a healthy diet and can also be part of aÂ PCOS diet plan for weight loss:
- Vegetables, fruits, legumes, buts, and whole grains
- At least four hundred grams of fruit and vegetables per day (this is exclusive of potatoes, and other starchy roots)
- 50g or approximately 12 teaspoons of free sugars which is less than 10% of the total energy intake of free sugars. Free sugars are sugars added to foods or drinks by the manufacturer, cook or consumer, as well as sugars naturally present in honey, syrups, fruit juices and fruit juice concentrates.
- Less than 5 grams of salt
- Less than 30% of your total intake should constitute of fatty foods
For infants, or young children, this is what a healthy diet is constituent of:
- During the first six months of life, infants should be breastfed continuously
- Infants need to be breastfed for approximately 2 years of their life
- After infants reach the age of six months, they should consume a variety of adequate, safe and nutrient-dense foods along with being breastfed.
It is extremely important for children to consume a healthy diet because it helps them with healthy growth and improves cognitive development.Â In addition to this, it also reduces the risk of becoming overweight or obese and developingÂ non-communicable diseases (NCDs).